Main Page DNA Study Documents Searches Photos Maps Latest changes About Kingsmans About Website Thank Yous

Grant of Land to Thomas Kyngesman of Althorne, Essex. 1430.


Dated: 28th May 1430


Very neatly written in latin.


Grant:

William Austyn of Burnham and his son, John Austyn of Creeksea,

To:

William Moreman of Althorne and his wife Margaret,

John Foull of Southminster, `skynnere',

Thomas Kyngesman

Dated: 28th May 1430


Very neatly written in latin.


Grant:

William Austyn of Burnham and his son, John Austyn of Creeksea,

To:

William Moreman of Althorne and his wife Margaret,

John Foull of Southminster, `skynnere',

Thomas Kyngesman of Althorne,

John Hydman of Southminster, junior,

and John Bylston of the same.


Messuage and 20 acres of accompanying land lying in two parcels in Althorne:


of which one parcel of land with the messuage built thereon lies between land formerly of Richard Algate on the east, land called Maynardis on the west, the highway leading from Latchingdon towards Southminster on the south, and land of the manor of Mayland on the north;


the other parcel of land lies between land late of John Algate on the west, land late of John Capell on the east, land late of John Merschman on the south., and the highway aforesaid on the north,


which messuage and land they (the grantors) lately had, jointly with John Paveye of Creeksea and John Birche of the same, now deceased, of the grant and feoffment of John Birle.


Witnesses: Robert atte Fan; Richard Catour; Richard Be South; William Melkere; William Bere


Given at Althorne


Two wax seals are attached.   One has the monogram “W” surmounted by a stylised boat in an oval, the second has the initials “IS” on their side within a shield.

of Althorne,

John Hydman of Southminster, junior,

and John Bylston of the same.


Messuage and 20 acres of accompanying land lying in two parcels in Althorne:


of which one parcel of land with the messuage built thereon lies between land formerly of Richard Algate on the east, land called Maynardis on the west, the highway leading from Latchingdon towards Southminster on the south, and land of the manor of Mayland on the north;


the other parcel of land lies between land late of John Algate on the west, land late of John Capell on the east, land late of John Merschman on the south., and the highway aforesaid on the north,


which messuage and land they (the grantors) lately had, jointly with John Paveye of Creeksea and John Birche of the same, now deceased, of the grant and feoffment of John Birle.


Witnesses: Robert atte Fan; Richard Catour; Richard Be South; William Melkere; William Bere


Given at Althorne


Two wax seals are attached.   One has the monogram “W” surmounted by a stylised boat in an oval, the second has the initials “IS” on their side within a shield.







Last updated 23 December 2011